2. Students should be accountable for the stations/centers for the following reasons:
- Accountability gives them the opportunity to take ownership/responsibility for their own learning.
- Accountability encourages them to actively participate in the stations.
- Accountability reduces disruptive behavior during centers.
3. The two interactive websites I liked are Studyladder and Learning Games for Kids. Both websites are easy for students to navigate independently and they both have a variety of videos, games and songs. I think these sites are great for students to explore during Bilingual Centers because they both integrate Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies. To ensure students are engaged in the activity, they can use a web camera or voice thread to record what they learned and liked about the activity. In the video Color Mix March Preschoolers students learn about primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. After that, students could mix their own colors using a variety of media such as markers, crayons, watercolors, etc. They could take a video or record their voices to state which media they liked the most and why.
4. 123 Animal Counting is one of the Apps I liked for students to practice their counting skills. This App allows students to visually and vocally count. Another great App is ABC Magnetic Alphabet. This App allows students to learn and practice writing. Students can then write in their journals.
5. There are many other opportunities for students to make productive use of ipads/ipods in the classroom. Once students become very familiar with the devices they could start using them to review skills that they have not mastered yet.